Thursday, October 2, 2008

True Peace

Happened to read those writings on the calendar which hang in my boss's shop. The calendar belongs to our church - Sheffield Chinese Christian Church. The writings are appeared on the page of September.

"Do not let your peace depend on what people say about you, whether people speak good or ill of you, make no difference to what you really are. True peace and joy are to be found in Christ and in Christ alone. The person who is neither anxious to please nor afraid to displease for the sake of the gospel is a true disciple of Jesus Christ and that person will enjoy true peace."

“不要让你的平安靠在别人的评价,世人称赞你或诋毁你,对你的真正价值毫无影响。 真正的平安与喜乐,惟基督可赐予,亦惟有在基督里可以找到。那不在意取悦人,又敢于直言不畏的人,才是耶稣基督真正的门徒,也必享有真正的平安。”

Thank God I have chance to work in a Chinese take-away during this trip to UK. This is my new and valuble experience to me. I haven't got chance to work in this kind of environment before. Although it was a little bit similar to what I had in my 3-day-training in McDonald's Malaysia (Which I worked in RMHC Malaysia before, yet everyone in HQ must have 3-day-training at operation restaurant), yet it is different in terms of customers, colleagues, and sharing the true feeling of a take-away shop owner. I was once worked in the local Chinese Community Centre, when I served the community, I knew their needs and situation, yet it came so real to me when I work hands-on. Again, thank God for putting me in this take-away shop, which belongs to a sister in Christ in my church. She has been treated me nicely and patiencely when I did it wrong. Oppss...hehe.

I lost, learned, and gained more ... ^^

No comments: