Monday, April 28, 2008

Bro Kin Woon's Birthday on 22nd April 2008 (Tuesday)

We had another surprise birthday party for Bro Kin Woon. I do not understand why we always give surprise birthday party to one another. My goodness!

Eventually we had a series of events on that day itself. I was so tired to run here and there for the whole day at the centre. I was helping the catering at the kitchen for the 2nd event at centre. Joining the uncles at the kichen in cooking. They even 'stole' me some hot steamed bao from the stove before they served the guests, hehe.

Thank God for providing what we need for the birthday party. Innitially we wanted to cook bihun for Tom Yam soup, which we gonna use for steamboat as well. At the end, there were events at my workplace, and they left a lot of fried rice and noodle. The chef- Mr Wong, asked me whether I wanna take some back home. I shyly replied yes... and he said I can bring for my friends as well. So I again shyly told him that in fact I do have a birthday party on that night. Then he asked me how many will be there? I said around 13... He shouted "har?" "Then you bring all back home". Wow, it is a big rice cooker of fried rice and a big plate of fried noodle. Eeee... shy shy. So, by faith, I said thank you and then God sent the angel at the right time to drive home the fried rice and noodle, thank you Aunty Ruth.

Thank God for the fried rice, or else I did not know how to feed our dear Bro Daniel, who ate half of the fried rice in that BIG rice cooker. My goodness!!!

And I felt thankful as well, as the uncles at community centre take care of me very much. The chef - Mr Wong, always informed me beforehand when he will be the one who cook for Elder Luncheon Club the next week. He knew I like spicy food and he brought me a bottle of Lee Kum Kee chilli oil last week. I was so touched!

Another Mr Yao, saw me cooking instant noodle this afternoon. He taught me how to cook better noodle and help me switch off the fire at the stove. Although it was just a mere gesture, but it touched me for his caring to me.

No comments: